Express Scribe made by NCH is professional audio player software for PC or Mac designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with ‘hot’ keys). This transcribing software also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and more.
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video playback
- Plays most formats including AAC, AMR, DSS, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA
- Supports professional USB foot pedals to control playback.
- Uses ‘hotkeys’ to control playback when transcribing into other software (e.g., Word)
- Dock both analog and digital portable voice recorders to load recordings
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work